Tuesday 17 March 2009

Bunny and Clyde


Bunny and Clyde
Originally uploaded by Craft Matters

I've been away for a while - yet again! I've been overwhelmed by the sudden demand for bunnies and by the very strident demands of our garden at this time of year. I've crocheted 4 bunnies so far, and have an order for another 4. When I got up this morning I noticed another Etsy sale & had a slight panic, but fortunately it was for the already-completed owl needlebook, I think I might have freaked a bit if it had been another bunny order. And of course, I have the Tea Swap items to complete and send by a week on Friday. Hmm, well, at least I've selected the fabric for that one... I took this photo of the 2 new grey bunnies yesterday, and Mr SM's immediate reaction was - it looks like Bonnie & Clyde... I've tried to think of a joke involving bunnies, Bonnie and Clyde & Warrens, but I just can't think of a punchline... probably for the best.

I popped up to my local wool shop this morning to buy some more Sublime Organic Merino (lovely stuff, lovely colours) and was inveigled into an impulse buy (well, it they will display books on shelves). I spotted Super-Cute Crochet by Nicki Trench and was absolutely bowled over by the really lovely designs. What I think is really lovely about these are the little touches like bows, ribbons & flowers. She also recommends some great yarns in gorgeous colours. Looking forward to having a go at some of these - I am hoping that it will add to my skills and ideas (that's what I told Mr Seasonal Matters anyway).

1 comment:

Ann-Marie Dewhurst said...

Love him!! I've put him on my blog.xxx