Sunday 29 November 2009

Finished Another Christmas Stocking!

Christmas Stocking

Here's another Christmas commission all done and ready to be posted, as soon as I've finished another one for Daisy's big sister!

Working from my friend's specification I've used pink corduroy in the main body and
Michael Miller's Yule Trees fabric to form the lining and the cuff. The name and the Christmas tree applique are made using wool felt, embellished with vintage buttons. There's also medium interfacing in the body of the stocking & the cuff also has a layer of fusible fleece to give it structure when the stocking is hanging.

I've really enjoyed making this, it worked out almost entirely how I'd hoped, although rather different from the original design. And I was pleased that the method I used for putting the stocking together worked too! I'm now just hoping that Daisy Rose and her mum like it.

5 comments:

Vonnie said...

I really like that, Ali! Lovely work :)

Ann-Marie Dewhurst said...

Lovely :D

Celia said...

Wow!! It's Gorgeous! Thank you, I love it!! :o)

Annalisa Barbieri said...

It's beautiful! I hope to do more sewing next year...

Craft Matters said...

Thank you, thank you! Celia I am really glad you like it - the other one is nearly done. :)