Wednesday 4 November 2009

Winter hats

Crochet beanie hat for a kidI've had some Rowan Ribbon Twist hanging around in my stash for absolutely ages, and I've experimented with it several times, but whatever I've tried has never turned out quite right. The other day I had the sudden inspiration (must have been the sudden drop in the temperature here!) to try and crochet a beanie hat with it. This is what I came up with. As I crocheted I realised that it was going to turn out kid-sized and I tried it on one of my little boys for size. He seemed to like it, and I think I am going to have to track down some more Ribbon Twist to make another one. I really enjoyed doing the hat and I had some nice feedback about it, so I thought I would make a few to see how they go in the shop.
Crochet beanie with flower and vintage button

My 2nd attempt (purple again!) is in Rowan Plaid - another discontinued yarn, and is adult-sized this time. I am very pleased with this - I think the yarn really suits the project and I am totally in love with the black button at the centre of the flower. The good news is that I've got a commission to make a hat for my friend Gill and I am going to be using the supremely gorgeous
Colinette Point 5 in Velvet Damson. I love Colinette!!

I was feeling super-positive about my crafting over the weekend - the hats turned out well, I have had a lovely crop of sales during my first week on
MISI, and excitement of excitements, my lovely amigurumi bunny currently has pride of place on the MISI front page. There he is, in the top right hand corner...

MISI front page featuring my ami bunny

Thanks to Kerry for the inspiration and the original commission to make bunnies for her kids.

2 comments:

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

Gorgeous hats! Are you going to make them in baby sizes? AND are you going to make them for boys? Just curious. I always love admiring your talents.

Izabela said...

lovely hats! and well done to bunny for making it to the MISI front page...
x