Saturday 12 December 2009

Three More Stockings..

3 red and white Christmas stockingsI'm back and I'm blogging! Only a short post today because I'm absolutely cream-crackered and need to go and have a sit down and a cup of cocoa (with a gap*, of course). I had a fantastic time down in London catching up with old friends from student days and with some of my old workmates. We realised yesterday that it's 9 years or so since we all worked together at Senate House in London (designed by one of my heroes, Charles Holden). It's great that we've managed to stay in touch for so long - something to do with being thrown together by adversity I think...

Before I went off to catch my train I sped round to the Post Office to send these 3 stockings off on their way to their new owners. I can't take credit for the design, but I am happy that I managed to embody the customer's design idea pretty successfully. It can be quite tough to translate someone else's pictures into a 3D form - and what's more, with this project I had to do it 3 times! I really hope they bring a lot of Christmas cheer to the recipients, and of course that they get filled with presents from Father Christmas.

While I was in London I decided to spend some time at the craft stalls at Spitalfields market. I was quite amazed at how much the market had changed since we used to visit regularly a decade ago. It's all spruced up, less Bohemian, and the people you see browsing around are a bit different too. However there was still some really inspirational crafters doing their thing (but maybe not as many as I remember) - will post about what I bought very soon.

*with a gap - means leave a gap that you can fill with alcohol of your choice, e.g. cointreau, rum, brandy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm catching up with the photos of people I have as contacts on flickr - I ignored flickr for quite a while and now I can't even remember how most of my contacts came about!! Anyway - I love the Christmas stockings - traditional colours, but a new look!!