Friday 25 June 2010

Dressmaking...

My little brother is getting married this summer, and rather than traipse round the shops looking for, and not finding, something good to wear I have decided to make something for myself...  I want to do something a little bit different so I had a look at all the wonderful vintage patterns that are available on Etsy.  There are tons sellers of vintage patterns available on Etsy - I used Goofing Off, and was really impressed with the quick delivery from the USA.
Here's the one I bought:



I'm making the sleeveless version, and am planning to crochet a little shrug or spencer to wear with it (maybe whilst we're on holiday next month), just in case!  Rather than rush straight in there with the final version, I am making a prototype with some cheap grey fabric.  It's going really well so far, but I wont speak too soon!  

As usual Flickr is a brilliant resource for inspirational dressmaking.  Mame*'s Clothes I Made is an incredible line-up of gorgeous clothes, many made with vintage fabrics.  This dress is my favourite, I think, but it's hard to decide!

Yesterday I listed a few new things on Etsy too - here they are in all their glory:


New stuff

I had such a busy day, because I also managed to squeeze in a bit of domesticity.  I made a sourdough, some rhubarb compote and a new batch of our addictive House Granola.  It's so good, I've written up the recipe for you on our Seasonal Matters blog - give it a try!

2 comments:

Vonnie said...

Ali that pattern looks beautiful! I can't wait to see it on you, good luck!

JuicyFig said...

Love the pattern, reminds me of photo's of my mum from the 60's!

Kath
x