Monday 2 August 2010

A Big Pink Project/Work-in-Progress Basket

Here's what I've been working on in quieter moments amidst the great wedding outfit crisis that I've been having for the last 6 weeks... (sob).  The yarn is the lovely Debbie Bliss Donegal Chunky Tweed, which comes in some gorgeous colours, as you can see here.  I don't think I could wear anything made with it (except maybe a big winter scarf) because it would be far too itchy for me, but it is lovely to use for this kind of housewares project, because it has so much body and texture.  


I am dithering about selling the finished article because I like it so much, and I badly need the storage (most of my stash, yarn and fabric, is in plastic carrier bags...).  I am definitely going to sell the pattern though - as soon as I've got it written up, that is.  


The wedding is on Saturday, so just 4 days to go, but I think I have something to wear... wish me luck as I finish it all off. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

*love* the basket! :)

Sandy said...

What a beautiful basket... would love to get the pattern when you have it available.

A Time for Stitching said...

It's lovely and must be really useful. Works-in-progress are meant to be left out ready to pick up in a spare moment and this will look like a cool accessory!

Unknown said...

Love the basket. Keep it and then make more to sell!
Good luck with the wedding outfit crisis
Gemxxx

Suzanne Vaughan said...

That is so fab. I love the colour too.

Gone to Earth said...

That's a lovely storage basket.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love that basket, really beautiful.
Sashax

jillytacy said...

The basket is fabulous! You make it look so easy! You should definitely keep it for yourself!

Craft Matters said...

Thanks everyone :) Jill I have decided to keep it! I'm currently writing up the pattern, then Jane of Hooked Yarn has very kindly agreed to test it for me, THEN I'm going to make it available to the world!