Thursday 29 July 2010

Quite a bit on my plate..


I've got a lot to do over the next week!  I am still in pursuit of a lovely dress to wear for my brother's wedding... I've been dithering about this for days now, and in spite of my plans weeks ago now, I am as disorganised as ever...  So, rushing around at the last minute, I went ahead and bought some absolutely glorious fabric from Ray-Stitch.  I am so delighted with it - it's an organic crossweave cotton in a shade called rust.  I think I am going to pair it with some of this lovely Amy Butler fabric (Martini in grey) - they do look fairly scrumptious together, in fact they look so scrumptious that I am afraid to start in case I mess it up.  Fingers crossed I get it right.  

I'm also crocheting a little cardigan to go with the dress - that's a bit easier because it's a fairly straightforward pattern.  But I have to go and really crack on with it this evening or I am going to be in a serious panic because I have to do all this by next Saturday...  And worse than that next week is a really busy one because we have family visiting on Monday, and then we are off up to London for the Great British Beer Festival (GBBF) on Thursday. This will be my boys' 5th GBBF I think - it's a very civilised festival with an ace family area with lots of toys and games for them to play with.  An excuse to include a cute picture of them at the the festival in 2005 - aged around 20 months.  Lovely boys!

I'm also got a swap to do - I couldn't resist Meridien Ariel's Bookish Craft swap.  I haven't really got the time but absolutely couldn't resist this one - books are so important in my life.  My partner is Melanie who likes The Hollows series by Kim Harrison and other urban paranormal books.  Urban paranormal is a totally new phrase to me, so you can see how far this is out of my comfort range!  But that's what these swaps are all about - it's fun to have a challenge.  I have an idea of what I am going to make for her - I just hope it works out ok and that she likes it. And that I get it finished somewhere even close to the deadline!

And on top of all that, today, I get an order for one of my crochet bunnies...  I am delighted to get it - especially as it's from someone who has bought from me before - I love a repeat customer.  My gosh, it couldn't have come at a busier time - but hey!  I can take crochet to the beer festival can't I?  I've breastfed twins there in the past, and no one batted an eyelid - so crochet's not going to cause a stir!

Right, I have to go and tuck my boys in, and then it's time to get to work!

1 comment:

gtlady said...

Ali, are you planning on sleeping much lately?! Those fabrics are the most beautiful I've seen yet of your collection I cannot wait to see what you are going to do with them! And a beer festival, I am green with jealousy!

Good luck for the next two weeks!