Sunday 8 June 2008

Some UK based suppliers on Etsy - Part 1

People selling pretty things... mainly for sewing with

Etsy sure is big... I love it so, but sometimes I find it so overwhelming - all that inspiration - all that beautiful stuff - so little time - so little money. It's particularly frustrating if you want to find sellers based in the UK so you can cut down your postage costs. So I've been doing a bit of searching & trawling & here are some of the fabric/buttons/other fabricky stuff suppliers that I like the look of.

OOOh! Vin Papa is fab! What a really pleasing collection of vintage buttons! And there's something about buying buttons that makes you feel like you are actually spending your money on something really useful. The ones pictured are particularly smashing I think but there is masses to choos from.

Namolio - beautiful linen fabric, cord, ribbon & tape. Love the selection of colours available - this shop is impeccably tasteful.


Pink Pearls - some very interested bits & pieces - definitely my kind of taste when it comes to fabric (see lovely pictured tweed fabric).

Tiny Island has some (just a few) very pretty fat quarters.

Big Fish has some lovely collections of buttons & felt in great colours (althoughI prefer to work with felt with a higher wool content).

So there you go - I'm going to try & do more in this series soon but by golly it makes my brain hurt (& my wallet ache).

Sadly as at Dec 31 2009 Vin Papa is no longer trading.

1 comment:

Chloe said...

Hi
I just popped over from you leaving a comment on my blog.
Great to hear your joining the swap.
I love your stuff. Its brilliant and this post on uk etsy suppliers is very useful so thank you for sharing that.