Friday 22 August 2008

Owls...

We are passionate about wild birds here. One of my sons' favourite books is the lovely RSPB published My First Book of Garden Birds, and they are getting pretty good at spotting different kinds of birds. We have had a lot of excitement about seeing long-tailed tits, blue tits, coal tits, dunnocks, great tits & even a lovely bullfinch in our garden this spring & summer. So, when I wanted to try making some lovely crochet animals, birds seemed like a good way to go. I also wanted to try and design something myself which meant that they had to be fairly straightforward. And then I heard from Jill at Life with Nature Girl that her daughter liked owls - I knew exactly what I wanted to create. So Eboo was born and he now lives with Nature Girl over in the USA & it looks like he has found a lovely home. He's a sweet little thing - I particularly like his rather wistful expression. It's funny how these creatures develop their own little personalities as you hook away.

Since then, two more feathery folks have arrived. I've made a couple of changes - to the eyes & to the feet (do I mean feet??) & once again they seem to be very much individuals. I haven't come up with names yet - maybe the boys can help me with that. For some reason I have now moved on to making an octopus - this time using a pattern from Tiny Yarn Animals which I received in the post today. Am I the only person who can't remember how to spell amigurumi? I have to check every single time...

1 comment:

jillytacy said...

We love Eboo!!! He is so sweet and he's very happy living with us. I can never remember how to spell it either so you're not alone. There are so many talented people making fabulous yarn animal creatures. I have a bird pattern I want to try but not enough time to try it. Hopefully sometime soon. I'd love to see your other yarn animal creations.